Dear readers, I’d love to stay awhile and chat but I have about twenty minutes and so much news and excitement I’m just going to give you a quick rundown for now.
Here we go, the news since my last post, hold on to your hats…
1. Happy Blog Birthday to meeeee!!! Two years ago today I started this blog and it has to be said, one of my better decisions. If you have even the slightest inkling that you’d like to do it I urge you, please do. You will never regret it.
2. To mark both my blog birthday and my real birthday on the 17th of this month I DECIDED TO MAKE THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD!!! So the plan is that on the 17th of September you can read my first chapter and get a taste and I hope, an appetite for more. All you’ll have to do is sign up to the blog by email if you haven’t already.
I thought that news should have capitals. In truth the birthdays are just the ideal opportunity to do the thing I want to do which is keep pushing, keep moving, and of course scare the #@*^# out of myself.
Thing is since I posted about this on FB last night I’ve had different opinions from people in the know as to whether I should do this or not so I’ve gone from certain to conflicted. What do you think?
3. Yesterday Sadhbh started playschool and Saoirse started senior infants, there were tears, but only from me. She just looked so…binny, so little, she was worried about having no mammy : (
She’s the baby and has never been away from me before so it’s hard BUT thank goodness she liked it and was mad to go back this morning. Sooooo, from now on I will have a few hours a week on my own! I’m just putting her in a few days but it’s hard to believe, it’s amazing to be here, so soon it seems and of course it means time for writing.
4. Just this weekend past I discovered the wonders of permaculture and now have a whole new garden plan. I’ll do a separate blog about this but in short we’re going to do the thing we’ve always wanted to do which is plant the garden, get rid of the lawn and just keep planting really.
The difference is we never realised how easy it would be to do this because it’s the complete opposite of what our culture or even what a landscaper or garden centre would tell you, or know perhaps PLUS there’s no money involved! We’re starting today and I’ll keep you updated
5. Oh I almost forgot, I didn’t make a short list in the blog awards this year. I kind of expected it and I’m not even a tiny bit disappointed so don’t be disappointed for me, I really do mean that. It’s my destiny always not to fit in and it hasn’t failed me yet. You’ll never find me changing anything to fit anywhere. And on that note here’s a poem I wrote this week…Chat to you soon
PS It’s time to retire the butterflies and get the leaves back on the blog I think, happy September, happy Autumn…
‘Rebel Versus the World’ by Jane Gilheaney Barry
I won’t change for you
I love to move, to endlessly change, but I won’t change for you. I’m my own experiment and I won’t change a note or way or word or thought if you expect me to.
I love to smile and see you smile but I won’t smile for you and I love charm but I’m not charming and I can’t lie or lay or bend or cry if that’s what I’m expected to.
I love the extra mile, I own that mile, but not for you, not under your rules.
I love to win but I won’t do the things you say I need to do to win and couldn’t if I wanted to
I love to hide but I can’t hide when it’s the time to speak, or stand for something in my heart feels right and I love peace but can’t pretend it’s mine or things are fine or should be left alone.
I’m sensitive and kind but I don’t fit and that’s what disconcerts you, we’re the toughest of the lot, I can’t, don’t ask because I won’t, I’m here to stir the pot.