Good morning out there….
Easy Pesto & Olive Bread
350g Self raising flour
half tsp salt
3 tbsp pesto
a good handful of chopped olives
Olive oil for greasing
Milk to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas 6 and flour a baking sheet or dish.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk and pesto.
- Stir into the flour with the olives, mixing to a soft dough (it will be quite sticky)
- Shape with your hands into a round and place on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly and cut a deep cross in the top with a knife.
- Brush with milk and bake for 30-35 mins
- Ideally allow to cool on a rack before eating
This is the perfect recipe for beginners because it’s so quick and easy. The end result is a sweet smelling loaf with a delicious fluffy texture, so good you could eat it plain though on this occasion I had some with mashed avocado. It would be just as good with butter, cheese, soup etc. I hope you enjoy it : )