Today, I’ve a curious love of red. It’s an autumn thing.
I’m wearing… a pale pink coat from M&S, faux fur stole from River Island (it was wintry this morning, but it didn’t last) vintage dark green velvet skirt, red top and tights from Penney’s and maroon t-bar sandals from Zara (all past seasons)
One of the best things about autumn and winter, is the clothes. They are so much better don’t you think?
On a theme here’s a lovely seasonal dish you might like to try. It’s one dish and so easy and quick you could keep your heels on while you make it…
Baked Sausages with Apples & Leeks
- 2/3 Leeks washed & sliced
- 2/3 Apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 6/8 Good quality sausages
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ounce of butter
- 1 cup of cider or beer, I used a soft mellow beer called ‘Blue Moon.’
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 200’c
- Put the leeks and apples in a roasting tin, place the sausages on top and drizzle with oil.
- Season and toss, dot with butter and pour over the beer, or cider.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- About ten minutes before the time is up spread the mustard over the sausages and return to the oven.
Serve with crusty bread or potatoes and enjoy (serves 4)
That’s all for now, have a lovely weekend xo Jane